Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gobble Gobble

We had a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS Thanksgiving!

I had all week off so the girls went to school Monday and Tuesday so I could play, nap and shop do laundry and clean the house.
We left early EARLY Wednesday morning and the girls were napless troopers until the last hour.  Then it was a free for all and I was singing and dancing to entertain them all while Jared drove with his earphones in (ahem) at. the. speed. limit.  Not a flash over.  We did see one car that got pulled over twice and I was silently glad that I was not driving but in charge of child care. 

As soon as we got there Hadley found a bat and softball and became "the coach" and gave everyone very specific instructions on what to do and when do it it. She even allowed herself to bat. Mommy insisted on being the audience...

Early Thursday morning Jared and I ran in the Turkey Trot 5k. Why does that 1st mile seems SOOOO LOOONG. I walked more than I should have but the previous evening choice of hydration was to blame. 41 minutes for 3.1 miles is not great but the EXACT time as the last 5k.


I wanted to take pictures for Christmas cards and it could have gone better.  much better. That will be the next post. After a delicious turkey meal we rested and relaxed.



Tracey and I got up Friday morning and went to CrossFit instead of crazy shopping.  It was probably crazier than walmart at 12:30am. DANG! THAT CRAP IS HARD. I never want to experience a burpee again.  Once I recovered, Hadley wanted to see where the race was and go to a park so we went and fed the ducks.


Which of course ended up being "feed the Hoppa"


I took a risk and went to Old Navy Saturday at 7:30am and had the place to myself! Friday evening Target for diapers was a different story and exhausting for all...


Grandma got a puppy and while I'm still unsure of the name, Hadley was convinced his name was Boomer.  Jared was so proud.


Sadly we left Sunday and didn't prepare Hadley that we did have to go home eventually and she was devastated.  Yet, they both slept off and on and we made it home in time to fry fish with Papa and Grammy.



No comments: