Monday, December 10, 2012

Snowmageddon

I KNEW what to expect. I KNEW that with it being in the 70's yesterday even if it was COLD and SNOWY it wouldn't stick. HOWEVER, the last time a snow was casually mentioned and laughed off we missed a week of school. So I irrationally help out hope. I went to sleep after 2 episodes of Homeland and the tweets of snow falling in panhandle...

I woke up to the news and "we will keep you up to date with school closures and delays" and I thought YES!!!

As I tuned in further I heard "At this time there are NO schools that have delayed or snowed" and I thought oh well...

I saw in the last moments pre-dawn a white yard and was so happy. I told Hadley that we could play in the snow before school. They ate and dressed most pleasantly and we went out side in the 28 degree wind and saw the "white" in the yard was pretty much the dead grass... Had was determined to make snow angles anyway until she realized how cold it actually was...









I think our house was down wind becuase we had MUCH less than the neighbors but still.... If it were December 25th I'd TOTALLY count it as a white Christmas!









No comments: