Last night was our first (of 3) Birthing Classes. I was expecting the worst, almost cried once but over all it made me feel better. We had to meet another couple (Jared and I call this "hug and howdy time" and they are having a girl 2 weeks before us and they have picked the same name as us!!! FIRST AND MIDDLE THE SAME!!!!!!!! Isn't that crazy? She kept saying well, we haven't told anyone so we are changing it now. She said that twice... Weird-o. Go ahead we are not changing. Jared was glad we went first after she made such a big deal about it. The nurse that taught it was super nice and made us all feel at ease, but she made labor sound "not that bad" She said it was comparable to holding an ice pack for 60 seconds (which she made us do and it wasn't intolerable). I have heard both its the worst thing in the world and that its not that bad. I have anesthesia issues and am nervous about the after affects of the epidural.
Will I be sick?
Will I have the worst headache of my life?
Will I remember Pow being born?
Do I want to remember it?
It usually takes me sleeping for 24-48 hours to recover from anesthesia and apparently that wont be an option ever again in my life...
So opinions and your stories are welcome :)
Lauren went to the Dr. She hasn't dialed past a 1 but still ahs 2 weeks and the Dr could feel her baby's head!!!!
Is it bad that Grosses me out? I KNOW there is a baby in my stomach, but its not "real" yet. When I push on the top part of my belly I can feel her butt... Its so cool yet so gross and alien at the same time... People have been telling me this week that my belly has dropped significantly! YEAH! Lets hope she is getting ready to come soon! The nurse also showed us a pelvis and a baby coming out it... Someone said So that's how big our baby will be? And the nurse laughed and said sorry. This is a preemie that would weigh about 3 lbs, everyone here has a baby about 5 lbs right now and it will be around 7 at delivery. I learned alot. Had a complete misconception about dilation. For some reason I thought the "whole thing" opened up like a basketball hoop and the baby just squirmed out... apparently not. It's like a watermelon through a lifesaver... This should be interesting... There better be wine afterwards...
1 comment:
You make me laugh! (you sound like me) When the time comes, you'll just go with the flow. I slept through a lot ... woke up to push ... but I remember the moment she was born. Epidural had strange effect on me too. Took a while to shake the cobwebs out and feel human. Just have the nursery keep the baby for longer stretches of time so you can sleep. Contrary to popular belief, that does NOT make you a bad mommy. Having a baby is serious stuff and there's no nursery once you're home ...
Post a Comment