Saturday, May 30, 2009

I love you like a fat kid loves [cheese] cake

Soppa Pia Cheese Cake
2 cans crescent rolls
2- 8oz cream cheese (fat free works fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tbs flour
1/2 tsp salt

mix .5 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside
line 9x12 glass dish with 1 can crescent rolls
Beat: cream cheese, sugar (1 cup), flour, egg, vanilla, salt till smooth
then pour over rolls
layer 2nd can of rolls
pour melted butter on top and sprinkle sugar/cinn mix
bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Can accent with raspberries or strawberries on the side. I prefer a tall glass of ice cold milk :)

5 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

Mmmmm....we love Sopapia Cheesecake at our house too! Its so good and such a fun thing to take to a get together.

Jacquie said...

I LOVE that dessert and have made it a lot!

Ashley said...

YUM!!!

Jennifer said...

Sounds delish! Just one question ... if you're using crescent rolls, sugar, and a whole stick of butter, why bother with the fat free cream cheese?

Abbe said...

Oh, I always think of you when I eat this dessert and always wish I had the recipe... THANKS! I sure hope miss priss has a better week. she can come play with us if you don't want to take her to dirty day care!