Saturday, May 30, 2009

Like Sand Through the Hourglass...

Yes, our week has been a soap opera!
The pinnacle was Friday.
The day after the nerve rattling doctors appointment I stayed home (again!!!) with Hadley. I was worried her breathing would get worse and nervous about the already incapable daycare giving her breathing treatments. Its a 2 man + straight jacket job. So morning went well. Early afternoon her breathing started getting bad. The wheezing went from noticeable to increasingly louder. So I called the Doctor before they left (at 2, nice hours right?) for the weekend. While I was on hold (infinitely longer each time I call) I notice her diaper needed changing. I peek in to see what we were dealing with and ITS BLOOD RED!!! I tell the nurse and she yells "GO TO CHILDREN'S ER NOW!!!" Like a great soap opera, my brother Kevin walks in literally 5 seconds later! I run to the door hysterical! He starts waving his arms "CALM DOWN CALM DOWN! Whats WRONG????" I tell him we have a blood filled diaper and he says "Geeze Maddie! I Thought something was wrong. like she was dead or something!" I YELL THIS IS SERIOUS DRIVE US TO THE HOSPITAL" He is much less alarmed than I am. SO Kevin, Hadley and I meet Jared at the ER and my Dad and Mom arrive 5 minutes later. We fill the room and our doctor Madeline (great name) is from Italy (since my parents trip in March they claim to be half Italian) They run tests and find out poop isn't blood, its red poop caused by her antibiotic! Her blood oxygen is all over the place going from 76 to 98 and we do x rays and no pneumonia and they use a catheter(sp?) to suck out snot from deep inside her head. SO we came home and did another breathing treatment and were up every hour. Will I ever sleep again???



I called Nurse Abbe (she knows my hypochondriac ness and can talk me off the crazy ledge or tell me when it's a big deal) and she gave me some tips to survive the breathing treatments (Pachie was the BIGGEST help!) She ALMOST enjoyed/ tolerated the afternoon treatment yesterday, we didn't have that luck today...



But, today was better. We dug out her decongestant from 2 weeks ago illness and it helped alot. We even let her swim for a few minutes! She LOVED it! But then napped in her chair under the patio the rest of the time.




We were worried about next week and dirty daycare. THANKFULLY Jared's WONDERFUL (WBMIL= World's Best Mother In Law) Mom is coming and bringing cousin Baylee! to play and keep Had!

2 comments:

annalee said...

i really hope this is a better week! my heart is breaking for sweet hadley AND y'all dealing with everything.

Jennifer said...

Hope Hadley is feeling better! And you too! Not much longer 'til summer, right?