Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Suzanne's Birthday


Today is my Best Friend's Birthday! We don't see each other too often but we text almost daily.  We've come a long way dahling!
Suz and I met in the hallway of the dorm our sophomore year while waiting on bid night.  We were so nervous and shocked we lived down the hall and were both going to be siggies but hadn't met. It was an instant bond and she was my support when I was always in trouble during pledge stuff, ironing my awful yellow skirt for me and helping me remember all the crap they make you memorize.  I had the worst haircut of my life that semester too and she supported me from the hall as I locked myself in my room crying.  We'd take the danger ranger everywhere because she didn't drive and when my little miss Daisey did drive, things didn't end well (Texaco carwash...)

There were many life events that warrant their own posts but are not entirely all "public record".
To give a brief timeline Suz moved to south Texas and I to Dallas. We went through the "dark ages" and didn't talk for a year or so. Nothing happened, we just got busy living our lives.  We reconnected miraculously on St Patty's day on Greenville Ave and picked up right where we left off.  The year that followed was tough and trying but thanks to a couple road trips we both made it through. Now we have children and are married pretending we are actually adults.  I would have never guess our lives could turn out this good and I'm so glad your my friend.

It's been a WILD ride and I truly believe we were wrong when we thought we'd hit "our prime" in that old house on EN 12th.  You are more fabulous now than you have ever been and I love you more than my luggage!

Happy 25th Birthday Suzie!!! (yes 25, neither of us majored in math so there)


shout out to the truffle shuffle...

No comments: