Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scared Sickless


As you know we are still sick (Hadster and me) she is on day 4 of antibiotics for her ear infection but congestion and breathing getting worse. Mom (Sugar) stayed today and said she could hear the wheezing I THOUGHT I heard so I called the doctor. I called at 8:40 (open at 8:30) and at 2:15 I had a voicemail to call back. So I was on hold for 10 minutes and hung up and called back TWICE and told the nurse what was going on and they said come in right now. Her blood oxygen was 89 and you could hear her wheezing across the room! They did 2 breathing treatments. The first one was painful to see. IT took both me adn Mom to hold her in a strait jacket style hold! They waited about 10 minutes and said they didn't see a change so we did a second treatment. Luckily the earlier fit made her sleepy (and diaper full) and she slept through most of it. They said there was minimal change but gave us an RX for a nebulizer at home. Doctor said if it gets ANY worse to call 911 or take her immediately to Children's ER. So we are FREAKING out a little bit. I have a call into Nurse Abbe to talk me off the crazy panic ledge. At the same time I am sick. When I get sick, my asthma acts up... So please pray that both of us get well soon. Sugar is about to be put on tranquilizers ha ha she is hanging off the crazy ledge! She talked to Jared and Lauren about her concern for my "health." Lauren reassured her I am a hypochondriac, but I do over compensate by pulling a Curtis ("I'm fine!") so we'll see where the weekend leads...

1 comment:

Judie said...

You poor thing, do you need anything today?? Seriously use me if you need anything. I have stuff until about 1:30 but could help you out in the afternoon??