Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live: Nursery Edition







We are joining Kelly's Korner Blog's Show Us Where You Live Friday's!
Since Hadley and I are home sick today, she is my blogging assistant, preparing for summer. Ready assistant?
She said Yes.
Hadley: "Welcome to my hood Blog Peeps!"This is where you walk in from, the Kitchen (hall in between) with a nice view of the back porch.
This chair was left in the house when Jared bought it. it was green and has been in the garage, living room, Lauren's classroom and now its raspberry velvet int he nursery! Her HJP letters are from her Aunt Cammie and she will stare at them for hours!
We used my Eiffel Towel lamp (Jared thinks our house is a shrine to the Eiffel Tower, silly boy!) and a dresser he refinished to match her crib.
One of our favorite Nursery features is the wall. Jared did it after a HGTV weekend marathon of inspiration! Aunt Cammie made the super awesome mum on the closet door (that's always open) and we had it on the door at the hospital. Trust me, you don't want a close up of the closet. Its a bad example for me to set for her, but baby girls clothes are SO CUTE! Plus my sister said the cute kids get held more at daycare...

The bedding was made by Sugar! (My mom) I didn't like the super baby-cutsey stuff I saw and I always LOVED this bedding! I bought it pillow case at a time because I was in college and Ralph Lauren was not cheap (still isn't inexpensive, but as a college kid it seemed WAY MORE $$$$)
This is our changing table. Its the 3rd one. My wonderfully awesome husband wanted her furniture to MATCH!!!! I am not inclined to have "matchy matchy" bedroom suite furniture but what my baby wants my baby gets! MY Dad (Grandpa name TBD... that's "to be determined" I called him TBD and he didn't even laugh!) saw the picture in a baby store in Snyder Plaza and told my Mom, Hadley HAS to have this!!! We thought it was so funny how he insisted she have this picture! Plus its cute so everyone wins!


This is the door to her bathroom and the sign from Aunt Jodie.
We made the bathroom girly and I bought the BRIGHTEST HOT pink towels and mats from IKEA, almost blinding... I got the shower curtain on clearance at pottery barn (whoo hoo!) and Ema made the awesome name-diaper wreath!












4 comments:

Rebekah said...

What a sweet girly room and I LOVE the orange chair ... what a great find left behind!!! And of course your little girl is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah and her girls!

annalee said...

i love, love, love hadley's room! it's the perfect pint-size version of your style. such a beautiful (NOT CHEESY!) nursery.
hope you are feeling better soon.

Mommy said...

What a cute room! I loved her crib! Don't you love having a girl? I have 2 of them and it's so FUN! Thanks for sharing :) Good job!

Courtney said...

Cute room. Love the bedding!