Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When I Grow Up

Hadley talks a LOT about "when I'm as big as you" or when "I get to be born" what things will be like.  I don't know why she thinks age can go in reverse but she does.  For a long time now she has said that when we goes to work she wants to "build buildings like Daddy." We ooo and ahhh about how cute she is and I think it helps cushion the all girls thought to Jared.  However- this weekend at the lake we wanted her to tell the Calhoons about her building buildings and like more attempts at getting my kids to perform... it backfired...

Mommy: Hadley what are you going to when you grow up?
Hadley: a princess! (pronounced a pen-cesses)
Mommy: ummm ok- but for a job, when you go to work what are you going to do?
Hadley: OH MOMMY! Princesses don't work!!!! Ha!
Mommy: what...   Mommy is a Princess and she works
Hadley: well 'den you not a princess


Great.

1 comment:

annalee said...

love that personality (and her dress)!

Thanks for the goodnight construction site rec, I will be adding that to his collection for sure.